Keratin hair extensions, also called hot fusion extensions are individual extension strands that are attached to your hair using an adhesive. These hair extensions, which are usually made with real human hair, are arranged in rows into your hair so that you can move your hair about without giving it off. You can even have your hair up in a ponytail and the extensions won’t show.
The attachment of these extensions requires a heating agent, which is the keratin bond that’s used to attach the extensions to the hair.
Let’s talk more about this intriguing hair extension.
How Long Do Hot fusion/keratin hair Extensions Last?
The lifespan of your keratin hair extension depends on several factors, including the hair quality as well as the application procedure. The higher the quality of the hair used to make the extension, the longer it will last. The quality of the keratin bond used also determines the extension's longevity.
When you use high-quality human hair and use seamless keratin bonds, you can expect the keratin extension to last between 3 and 4 months before you need to reapply. You can also reapply the hair extension 3 to 4 times and they’ll still look good.
How Much Do Hot fusion/keratin hair Extensions Cost?
The price of your keratin hair extensions installation depends on the quality of the hair, the length, as well as the installation cost and the procedure. However, the range of keratin hair extensions is very wide, which could be anywhere between $100 and $1,000.
The higher the strand quality, the more expensive. For instance, dyed European or Russian hair is cheaper than virgin Slavic human hair that hasn’t been chemically treated.Also, straight fusion hair extensions are cheaper than curly ones, just as
double-drawn extensions with extra thickness and weight are more expensive than shorter, scantier, lighter ones.
Pros of Hot fusion/keratin hair Extensions
- These extensions are suitable for all hair types.
- Keratin bonds are safe and hypoallergenic, which is good for those with sensitive scalps.
- Keratin hair extensions are comfortable and versatile, as they can be used for all styles, including braids, ponytails, curls, etc.
- When perfectly applied, they are seamless and look just like your natural hair.
Cons of Hot fusion/keratin hair Extensions
- The installation process is often time-consuming, as it takes between 3 to 4 hours to apply.
- You will need to remove, re-bond, and reapply every 3 to 4 months
- You cannot DIY, so you must install it at a salon to avoid hair damage.
- Exposure to heat, such as curling iron and blow dryer can damage the keratin bond.
- You might experience slight discomfort upon installation.
Hot fusion are beautiful and seamless hair extensions for people with all hair types and a wide range of styles, making them just amazing for you. Ensure you get the best quality of hair and invest in a good stylist who will install the extensions for you so that they last for a long time and look beautiful too!
Hair Extensions is a market that is rapidly growing and more and more people is starting to use them to look awesome. We started Install My Hair Extensions because the lack of specialized hair extensions technicians in the Costa del Sol. We could barely find any real professionals for hair extensions installations in Malaga, Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Fuengirola, Mijas or Marbella.
We have the experience you need, acquired in the USA, the mecca of hair extensions, to get your extensions installed and look marvelous. Go to book a free hair extensions consultation or click the picture below and reserve your spot